Saturday, December 15, 2012

THE BOOTH

I went to the booth and added a few more pieces to fill in some empty spots. 

Let me take a little time to explain a few facts about what I do..
.
I am always searching for pretty white cotton blouses to create my Prairie Style Clothes and occasionally I will find a great piece that I just know I can do something special with.

 Well the other day I did just that. I found this long sleeve long 
john style undershirt... that is in the photo below.

 I know exactly what I was going to do with it. I did all the usual things like adding  pieces of other blouses to it,  crochet and tattered fabric.
Then I tea dyed it..put it in the dryer...with no thought of anything amiss....but, to my surprise when I pulled it out of the dryer....there was a stain that looked like someone had spilled oil all over the front and back....It was terrible....now mind you...NOTHING SHOWED WHEN I STARTED...

What was I to do?

 I cut the largest stained part out which just  happened to be at the neckline and up the left  shoulder. I added a large piece of lace to cover the area left.There were several other spots all around this  area. so I added  lace, pieces of cotton sweater, crochet and mother of pearl button. 

 I spent more time fixing it then I did creating it...lol....But it turned out beautiful.....all the bits and pieces just added to the over all look.
 This kind of thing happens on most blouses but nothing this drastic.

  So you know.. it turned out better then I had originally thought it would.
You just never know.....

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...dryer gremlins! Nasty!

    But you managed to make a most amazing piece!

    I have to tell you, I absolutely adore your shabby prairie look! I am a big ol' sucker for vintage lace! :)

    Have a wonderful and creative weekend! I so enjoy your beautiful things!

    Mimi
    The Goat Borrower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Thank you Ms. Mimi....I think.....lol.

    I too love ol' lace...especially when it has leather with it....:)

    Happy Holidays....PC

    ReplyDelete