Friday, December 21, 2012

BOOTH UPDATE

BOOTH UPDATE

If you are interested in either of these..you can contact me via email
prairiechilddesign@gmail.com


This jumper started out as a curtain panel. I folded it in half..cut the neck out..the arm holes...and started sewing with my antique singer sewing machine....If you didn't know...it was a treadle that has been converted with an electric motor. It has one stitch and no reverse....and I wouldn't trade it for anything....
These 3 pieces can be found at the Craftsman Cottage on 100 N. Clinton St. Athens, AL.
$95.00 Sm/Med


This sweater was simple and need that Prairie-izing....I added satin ribbon down the front and wove a ribbon around the waist so I can be form fitting or worn loose. The hem is full of beautiful vintage lace, crochet, bits  and pieces.
It has 3/4 sleeves and soft..soft...soft.


This lovely little girls dress would be beautiful as a flower girl dress at a country wedding. 

A simple bolero  over the shoulders would be more elegant.
The dress started out as a cotton slip and now has layers and layers of Prairie.

 There are elastic gathers on the sides. Mother of Pearl Buttons are hand stitched here and there.
$85.00 size 6

2 comments:

  1. Again.....I just melt when I come here........
    You are truly brilliant! And I love that you have an old sewing machine. Myself? Still hand sewing and loving it!

    Merry, merry!
    Have a creative day!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you sew Ms. Mimi? Lead me to your blog..please.:)

    ReplyDelete