Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Latest Goings On...

I just thought I would let you all know that I will be setting up a space at Craftsman Cottage, it is in a Craftsman Style house. There are local artists that recycle and re-purpose all sort of interesting items

. The location is 100 N. Clinton St. Athens AL. The Grand Opening/Christmas Open House will be this weekend. There will be an artisan cheese business there and lovely music, as well as local artists to show you around. If there are any in the North Alabama area out shopping this weekend....give us a peek.

It has been years since I last set up a real sho-sho fru-fru setting...lol. I am in the process of going through all my stored 'stuff' and trying to decide what I need to create a beautiful  little spot for Christmas but not over do it like most have a tendency to do.

I think I am going to add  some Christmas cedar, a few bunches of rosemary and a large bowl of old faded roses mixed with dried peppermint tea. I am going to hang a string of rosemary intermixed with used dried teabags. I may wrap a few "presents" with tissue paper and tea stained tattered fabric with bows piled into an old basket.

 Two old doors that have been painted a dark turquoise and hinged together will stand in one corner will hold a few pieces. There is an old dress form to display a Prairie Dress and an antique wood clothes rack will hold a few more pieces. I plan to have a few Altered Couture Magazines on display to show off the sweater that I have in this months issue. I hope it will turn out in reality as beautiful as the image that is in my mind. If it does I will post a few photos later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was closer and could come to this place. Would love to try on some of your cloth treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a shame....but....my Etsy page has a few pieces....:)
    I looked at your website...very nice work...I am completely computer illiterate...surfing is about it...lol

    ReplyDelete